Watch WWE Royal Rumble 2011
Royal Rumble (2011) was the twenty-fourth annual Royal Rumble PPV. It took place on January 30, 2011 at the TD Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. As has been customary since 1993, the Royal Rumble match winner received a match at that year’s WrestleMania for his choice at either the WWE Championship or the World Heavyweight Championship. The main event was the annual Royal Rumble match featuring 40 participants from both brands, instead of the usual number of 30. The primary match on the Raw brand was for the WWE Championship, between reigning champion The Miz and Randy Orton. The primary match on the SmackDown brand was Edge versus Dolph Ziggler for the World Heavyweight Championship. The other featured match on the card was a Fatal Four Way match for the WWE Divas Championship between Eve Torres, Natalya, Layla and Michelle McCool.
The Road to WrestleMania is going to start with this year’s Royal Rumble! This really is my personal favorite pay-per-view of the season, so I am inclined to visit the extreme with my predictions and throw just as much detail available as you possibly can. A lot of the detail are available on my small Royal Rumble Statistics page.
WWE Championship: The Miz (c) versus. Randy Orton
Well, I had been expecting Morrison to obtain his title shot here, especially since the Royal Rumble has so couple of primary eventers and Orton would be among the greatest names inside it (and among the potential winners), however it appears similar to their plans will vary. I am just a little annoyed at this, since i think Morrison and Miz might have were built with a great match and I am wishing this does not imply that a) they are souring on Morrison, and b) Miz is shedding the title. I do not THINK Miz will drop the title to Orton here…but I’ll just state that if he is doing, I would not be amazed within the smallest bit…just disappointed.
World Heavyweight Championship: Edge (c) versus. Dolph Ziggler
Dolph Ziggler will get a global title shot! I have been keen on Ziggler forever and it was happy as he won the IC title, but man, I did not anticipate that he’d do that good. He’s been kicking ass since he won the title and that he TOTALLY deserves this title shot. Granted, Ziggler will not win here, and despite me being keen on him, I’ll admit he should not, but I am still thrilled to observe that they are rewarding him for those his effort. I am also glad this means Kane is during the Royal Rumble to maintain his consecutive streak going, and also, since it requires more primary eventers. If Ziggler provides them a great match like he’s been doing for several weeks and several weeks now, despite how Edge will retain, then It is fairly reliable advice Ziggler will win Money staying with you this year along with a world title too.
Divas Championship [Handicap Match]: Natalya (c) versus. LayCool
If they are likely to be getting in Awesome Kong, it can’t surprise me when they made her remove Natalya and win the title. Therefore, Natalya needs to retain here not just to keep that title (clearly) but additionally to appear strong. Then, when they are pissed, Layla and Michelle generate Kong his or her means to fix return at Nattie.
THE ROYAL RUMBLE
Well, I’d a lengthy publish here before about my statistics page and just how my forecasted champion was #23. However, now it appears the WWE has made the decision that you will see FORTY individuals to the Royal Rumble this season, rather from the standard 30. That COMPLETELY throws our entrance predictions and all sorts of my statistics the window. I’ll be honest…I do not such as the change (also it is not just from frustration that that actually work is wasted on my small part). I believe 30 was the right amount which there wasn’t something that must be altered. I still think CM Punk and John Cena would be the two men to conquer inside it, which the main focus is going to be around the two Nexus stables (or whatever Barrett will finish up calling his group), however this just throws me for any loop. I am sorry ahead of time if my predictions and review emerge jumbled and confusing, since i had initially planned items to be different (and it was really happy with the way they might have emerge). That being stated…I’d rather not write this off like a failure at this time. The Royal Rumble it’s still very entertaining this season, without doubt, and actually it might be also BETTER by doing this. Of course, I’ll reserve final judgment until I begin to see the end result.
For who’ll participate, that’s up in mid-air. You will find over 40 people around the roster at this time, particularly if you include potential returns (for example HHH and Jericho) and special participants (chance of Lawler, for example). Many people, you are able to certainly eliminate. Goldust is hurt, he will not maintain it. I doubt Joey Mercury will. I would not be amazed if Christian, Jericho, Bourne, Sheffield, and Tarver all sitting out in addition to Alex Riley and Curt Hawkins. Ok now what does that mean regarding the conjecture that actually matters…the champion? Practically nothing. It does not matter should there be 30 people like normal or 40 this season. Still it winds up being a summary of 10 men, and individuals 10 men only, which have any chance at winning, which, I’ll place in order of likelihood:
1. CM Punk – Nexus helps him win so we see Punk against Orton or Cena (or, i believe, a fatal four-way between individuals 3 and also the Miz) at WrestleMania
2. John Cena – He faces either Miz or Punk or in some-way concept pointed out above.
3. Alberto Del Rio – Of all the people who may potentially face Edge for that title at WrestleMania, this for whatever reason appears such as the probably option.
4. Kane – Here’s where it will get towards the much less likely options. This really is only when Taker in some way wins the title before WrestleMania plus they want both of these to possess a match.
5. Sheamus – I doubt it, but nonetheless, around I’d rather not be honest, they are doing get him to in a greater rank around the hierarchy than lots of others, so he must perform their list like a potential.
6. Triple H – Big named, coming back, blah blah.
7. Wade Barrett – When they opt for Taker v Wade, then Wade a minimum of needs to be about this list like a potential.
8. Chris Jericho – He’d be coming back, he’d function as the greatest name not to win a RR yet, and that he has his book being released (read my review here). I am not expecting it, but nonetheless, something to consider.
9. Christian – Around the off-chance he returns, wins, and faces Edge. Not so likely, however the ninth probably scenario within my mind. It sure as hell will work better for Christian to win it than Kozlov, right?
10. John Morrison – I’d say he narrowly is better than Mysterio and large Show to obtain the final place, but he still will not win it. He’s only the tenth probably person to win. I am a large fan of his, and that i like how they are finally pushing him, however it will not add up to a Royal Rumble victory.
But let us have a little more fun. The other stuff can one predict? Here are some things I can tell happening:
The very first two entrants might actually be Daniel Bryan and Cody Rhodes Sheamus will obvious house and HHH will return and eliminate him The person most abundant in eliminations this season is going to be Sheamus, Kane, or Cena. Final Four: CM Punk, John Cena, Triple H, and only Wade Barrett or Alberto Del Rio Mark Henry and large Show both get eliminated through the Corre or Nexus teaming up
When they t’s always difficult to pick what matches they may increase the Royal Rumble ppv. Recently, they have been adding matches on impulse your day from the pay-per-view plus they were built with a inclination to get this done in advance for that RR anyway, so my prediction is, even if your card appears finalized, they’ll still finish up altering something around, and they’re going to most likely not announce a lot of the matches before the go-home episode of Raw. The only real match I’m able to say appears just like a guarantee is Natalya versus Melina for that divas title. As pointed out within my comment below, lots of this relies on whether they alter the 90 second entrances to a minute. When they do, they have additional time for matches, but when they do not, plus there is not a way they are adding more